Graphic and web design, technical illustration and graphics consulting — we offer complete designer development solutions.
Our UCLA Graphic Designers supply a variety of support services for campuswide publications, including projects for university and college-specific programs. When your project requires expertise, we are happy to provide graphic design and production consultation to ensure that your goals are met. We specialize in:
- Business Cards
The Graphic Design Department accepts Mac and PC files. We can accept your files via E-mail, CD, Flash Drive or Zip. We use the latest software versions of PageMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, InDesign and QuarkXPress.
Before You Get Started
- Figure out what kind of publication you want (a flyer, annual report, etc.) and why.
- Determine your audience. What tone, medium, look and feel are most appropriate?
- Collect and study similar documents. Determine what appeals to you and works well.
- Gather available photos and graphics.
- Determine the quantity needed, how it will be distributed, and when it is needed.
- Determine your budget and source of funding.
While Working with Design Services
- Schedule an appointment by calling (310) 825-0374, or visit our Online Ordering page and click on the "Start Order" button under the “Start a Creative Design Request” option.
- Consult Creative Services staff about project concept and scope.
You will be required to provide:
- Contact information for the point person (a single contact for the project)
- The final copy
- Any related materials that may be requested later (e.g. banners, signage, maps, etc.)
- The designer will obtain cost estimates if needed and advise on timeline and procedures.
Our designers offer the following services to University clients:
- Consultation to ensure publication effectiveness and cost-efficiency
- Creative direction and design
- Preparation of mechanicals
- Production scheduling