UCLA’s official mass email service is known as BruinPost and is administered by Mail, Document and Distribution Services (MDDS) and University Communications and Public Outreach, with technical support and maintenance provided by Communications Technology Services.
How to Request a BruinPost Mass Email
- Submit a BruinPost Order Form online (see Related Information to the left).
- Submit an email to the BruinPost Administrator along with the message you wish to have sent. (Word documents, text files, unlocked PDF files, or email text are all acceptable formats.
- The BruinPost Administrator will acknowledge receipt of your order and work with you (if needed) to identify the appropriate lists to use for your message.
- You will be notified when a test is on its way for your review/approval.
- The BruinPost Administrator will send you a scheduling confirmation notice after the message has been approved.
- Clients may review their BruinPost recharges online (see Related Information to the left).
Messages and Content
Approved message types:
- University and campus administrative and academic policy matters;
- Senior administrative and executive announcements;
- Compensation, benefits and other employment-related subjects;
- Campus accounting, purchasing and administrative systems procedures;
- Academic program announcements, nominations and appointments;
- Safety and security issues including communiques required by law or policy where electronic means will satisfy legal or policy requirements.
- Approved messages to the student body*
BruinPost may not be used for:
- Unlawful activities
- Commercial purposes not under the auspices of the University
- Personal financial gain
- Personal use inconsistent with the ECP
- Uses that violate other University policies or guidelines
- Publicizing speakers or events on campus other than those under the auspices of the Chancellor’s Office (other means of communication are available for such events)
- Emergency broadcast messages for crisis communication
*Mass messaging to UCLA students is available, but must be approved by the Registrar’s Office consistent with UCLA Policy 220 (Disclosure of Information from Student Records). Your BruinPost administrator will be happy to assist you in coordinating student messages with the Registrar’s Office. Standard rates will apply.
Requests for other types of business communications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
48+ hours turnaround; excludes weekends
$103.09/hour (minimum 1/2 hr)
Same day or less than 8 hours advance notice (Rush/Overtime)
$154.64/hour (minimum 1 hour)
*Service after 5 p.m. is available only under extraordinary circumstances. BruinPost is not an emergency broadcast system.
Rates are based on programming time needed to upload, format and test your message, and to prepare email lists. The average time for most BruinPost requests is 1 to 2 hours.
Phone: (971) 239-3509
Phone: (310) 206-0856
Document & Bulk Mail Services
Phone: (310) 825-0374
Fax: (310) 267-1544
Mail Code: 136108
Box 951361, 555 Westwood Plaza, Level B
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1361